Bringing decision-makers together, the online platform combines signature NAPE favorites with new opportunities for learning, networking and dealmaking
FORT WORTH, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#NAPENetwork–Once again, NAPE is innovating new solutions to empower and support the upstream oil and gas industry.
The first of its kind, the inaugural NAPE expo was launched in 1993 to help jumpstart the industry by bringing buyers, sellers and investors together in one central marketplace. The current oil and gas downturn is further complicated by social distancing requirements and restrictions on large gatherings, so the NAPE team is innovating again with the introduction of the NAPE Network — a robust online platform that will take 2020 Summer NAPE virtual.
“While we are disappointed we can’t host the traditional Summer NAPE event we know and love, we are very excited to introduce the NAPE Network — an all-new service that connects industry professionals with the vast NAPE audience, oil and gas prospects, service providers and a learning and collaborative conference featuring industry experts from across the globe,” said Le’Ann P. Callihan, director of NAPE. “Continuing the NAPE mantra of networking and dealmaking, the NAPE Network and our virtual Summer NAPE event will offer a convenient way for dealmakers, decision-makers and information seekers to strategically interact and make connections. The NAPE Network continues NAPE’s original concept of creating a central marketplace bringing buyers and sellers together to make deals happen — but in an online format that adheres to the current rules for gatherings. Think Blockbuster moves to Netflix.”
Held Aug. 11-27, 2020, on the new NAPE Network, the two-week virtual Summer NAPE gives attendees access to the oil and gas prospects/producing properties, education, networking and dealmaking opportunities found only at NAPE expos. Following are just a few of the benefits the NAPE Network will offer for the virtual Summer NAPE event:
- Exhibitors can show prospects, services and products to the immense NAPE audience without exhibit setup costs or staff travel expenses.
- A NAPE Network “matchmaking” feature can pair participants with similar interests for virtual one-on-one chats as well as directly schedule a demonstration or prospect preview analysis with an exhibiting company representative.
- NAPE’s wealth of content will be available for an extended amount of time beyond the normal two-day expo format.
- A job network/resource is housed on the platform.
- Exhibitors can upload maps, videos, white papers and other collateral material to share with the NAPE audience of decision-makers.
- Continuing education credits and CLE credits will also be offered on the NAPE Network.
- A free subscription to the award-winning NAPE magazine is available to all NAPE Network registrants.
In addition to virtual dealmaking, virtual attendees will have access to insight from industry leaders and numerous learning resources in the collaborative conference. Highlights include:
- Iconic political strategist Karl Rove’s keynote presentation — “Energy Issues & Policy: What the Upcoming Election Means for the Energy Industry” — will be livestreamed and recorded for extended viewing.
- NAPE’s unrivaled Business Conference sessions will be livestreamed with Q&A sessions and audience interaction capabilities as well as recorded for on-demand viewing. The 2020 lineup includes “Tight Oil 2020: Analyzing Impacts of the Price Crash” with Robert Clarke, vice president of Upstream Research at Wood Mackenzie. A “Future of Oil and Gas Capital Markets — Where’s the Money Going to Come From?” panel discussion will be moderated by Jim Wicklund, managing director of Stephens Inc., with panelists Dan Pickering, chief investment officer at Pickering Energy Partners, Mari Salazar, SVP-manager at BOK Financial, and Steven Cobb, vice president at Pearl Energy Investments.
- Roundtable discussions and live Chat Channel Q&As will tackle such key topics as force majeure, getting back to work/the new normal, bankruptcy, storage capacity and more.
- The virtual platform also will provide access to prerecorded webinars posted by NAPE sponsoring companies and covering a wide range of topics beneficial to the industry.
“NAPE is unique in that it’s created for our industry by four not-for-profit organizations serving our industry — AAPL, IPAA, SEG and AAPG,” said Ron Munn, CPL/ESA, general manager of Land at Chevron U.S.A. Inc. and chairman of the NAPE Operators Committee. “All net profit derived from the NAPE expos and the NAPE magazine is distributed directly to the four partnering associations to benefit their members — landmen, operators, geophysicists and geologists — and the industry at large through education, legislative and regulatory advocacy, technical publications, public lands access efforts, scholarships and much more. In good times, tough times and everything in between, NAPE is committed to propelling the energy industry forward. Our NAPE team is proud to serve the industry that powers the world.”
For more information and to register, visit NAPEexpo.com/summer.
NAPE is the largest exhibition of its kind in the world, providing unmatched venues for oil and gas professionals to meet, network, connect and do business. It was founded in 1993 by the American Association of Professional Landmen and now also includes the Independent Petroleum Association of America, Society of Exploration Geophysicists and American Association of Petroleum Geologists as partner hosts. NAPE offers two expos annually — NAPE Summit in February and Summer NAPE in August — bringing together prospects and all the key players needed to evaluate, facilitate and execute deals. For more information on NAPE, please visit www.NAPEexpo.com and follow NAPE on Twitter at @NAPE_EXPO.